Monday, June 26, 2006

A lil Piece of Texas

We are back from our trip. We had a great time! We spent all day Saturday floating down the river. After breakfast we headed over and ended up in the water around 12:30pm and we got on the bus to come back at 9pm....YIKES!!! NINE HOURS ON THE RIVER IS TOO LONG! The water was very low. There were places it was barely ankle deep and that just isn't deep enough to float a big butt in a tube! And trying to stand on moss covered rocks and walk pulling your tube is not very practical either! There were tons and tons of college kids there and I saw some things I just haven't seen or smelled before in real life!

We had a nice time but I must admit the last three hours were a little much! I was plenty sick of the river by then. All I can say is

"What happens on the Guadalupe stays on the Guadalupe!"


Sunday we got up and headed home. I didn't get any people shots this weekend since taking my camera on the river was not an option. I had packed our point and shoot to take along on the river but the batteries died right before we got in the water. Thank goodness because all the guys lost thier sunglasses and I lost my T-shirt. I even found a waterproof camera floating by once and picked it up and took some pictures with it but then we lost it too! I am pretty sure we would not have made it back with the p&s either!

We did stop in Austin on our way home and got some shots of the capital. And then we stopped several times to take pictures of stuff on the side of the road. So, here is a taste of Texas for ya! ENJOY!

This is the Guadalupe taken with out point and shoot while we were waiting for our tubes to arrive.
IMG_9507 copy

A pretty church downtown Austin, Texas.
IMG_9635 copy

Texas State Capital
IMG_9640 copy

IMG_9641

Sunflower patch on the side of the road.
IMG_9643 copy


A Maize field
IMG_9650

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Counter