Meet Kate
FIRST I WANT TO WISH MY BABY GIRL A HAPPY 9 MONTH BIRTHDAY TODAY!
I had another pb session yesterday with lil Kate and her brother, Garrett. I am upset with the way these came out. They were really dark. Especially her eyes. I had my ISO set at 100 and I think I should have uped it to 200. I blew the tutu and her brother's white shirt. (AAARRRRGGGHHH) I feel hopeless today....Fellow photographers, Please tell me how these look to you!


I had another pb session yesterday with lil Kate and her brother, Garrett. I am upset with the way these came out. They were really dark. Especially her eyes. I had my ISO set at 100 and I think I should have uped it to 200. I blew the tutu and her brother's white shirt. (AAARRRRGGGHHH) I feel hopeless today....Fellow photographers, Please tell me how these look to you!





4 Comments:
Shawn, you're being too hard on yourself. These came out really nice! Take these sessions and learn what you can do better next time.
What were your shutter speeds? Don't up your ISO UNLESS you need a faster speed. Do not do it for exposure purposes. When trying to photograph fast moving kids, I try to get to 1/125 or faster. If I can't get that, then I up my ISO.
A lot of getting the best exposure comes from chosing the best object to take your meter reading. When shooting in grass, I will actually meter off the grass until I have a -2/3 exposure, recompose, then shoot the picture. I also might bracket the shot to see how the different exposures look. Do you have the book Understanding Exposure? If not, get it and read it. If you do have it, read the sections on metering and get your camera out and practice. I used a lot of what I learned from that book on my vacation shots, and I could tell a WORLD of difference.
HTH Shawn. But seriously.. don't be so hard on yourself. You did a great job!!
They look adorable!!! Love your first one there in black and white.
Pat yourself on the back..these came out great.
I too don't fiddle with my ISO. I usually leave it set at 100 unless the lighting is really really extreme. It's easier to have a pic underexposed a bit than try and correct it when its blown out.
You're too hard on yourself. I saw the online gallery and they look good. Remember, you're just PB so it's a learning process.
But like I said, these are nice and mom will be happy w/ these.
Thanks Cat, Sylvia and Petra! You girls make me feel better! I have to admit...a lot of photography still baffles me! I really need to get my hands on that Understanding Exposure book! I have gotten in the habit of leaving my ISO at 100 on my rebel because I know it helps grain. Maybe I wont have that trouble now with my new baby!
Post a Comment
<< Home